Are you a caregiver with a gifted youth (16-30 yrs old) who:
- Identifies as Neurodiverse, Asperger’s, Autism, or HFA?
- Are you concerned about your child’s future after high school?
- Do you hope your child will find a meaningful life path?
- Are you concerned about your child’s motivation and self-advocacy skills?
- Are you wanting your child to develop better conversational and communication skills, and build friendships?
- Are you wanting to figure how to best support your son or daughter in transitioning into adulthood and college?
- Are you worried about your child suffering and being taken advantage of by others?
- Are you and your child wanting to learn strategies to manage stress and to assist your child in learning skills in order to become more independent?
Then this is the Open Doors Gifted Youth & Caregiver program for both of you!
The gifted youth group provides HELPFUL STRATEGIES to gifted teenagers on the autism spectrum. These coping skills help gifted teens & young adults reduce stress, prepare for the transition to adulthood and college, improve conversational skills, make friends, self-advocate, adapt to change, set and achieve personal goals, increase organization and planning, promote independence, increase safety awareness, improve communication with family, deal with driving or public transportation, and problem-solve. The caregiver support group provides a non-judgmental and supportive environment in which parents learn strategies to facilitate their son or daughter in applying the skills from group to real life situations, in order to improve the quality of their life and aid the transition to adulthood.
The gifted youth group consists of up to 8 gifted, neurodiverse youth, and there is a separate caregiver support group that meets at the same time in a different room. The groups meet weekly for 1.5 hours at our Palo Alto office.
New Group Forming
To Be Determined
$250/Session (includes fee for both you and your child)
Learn more about fees and payment
Reserve your spot in group by scheduling a diagnostic evaluation.
Take the next positive step in your life journey!