As the mother of a teen or young adult with Asperger’s or High Functioning Autism:
- Do you feel like you’re giving your all to support your child?
- Do you feel like communicating with your child is like a battle of the wills?
- Do you find yourself facing obstacles and fiercely advocating for your child?
- Do you feel like you’re carrying the load, keeping things organized, dealing with childcare responsibilities, and not getting enough help?
- Do you get little time to take care of yourself, and often feel drained?
- Do feel judged and like people don’t really understand what you’re going through?
Then this is the group for you!
The “MOTHER’S GROUP” is an empowering and supportive group of women who are like you, who understand the problems that impact you as a mother, and who will inspire and uplift you! The group, led by an expert, will provide helpful strategies to reduce your stress and burnout, help you manage the mixed feelings and fears associated with parenting a child who is entering adulthood, increase effective communication with your child, address concerns around safety and independence for your child, navigate all the systems supporting your child, address life and relationship problems, and gain a greater sense of peace and positivity.
The group consists of up to 10 women like yourself, and meets weekly for 1 hour at our Palo Alto office.
New Group Forming
To Be Determined
Learn more about fees and payment
Reserve your spot in group by scheduling a diagnostic evaluation.
Take the next positive step in your life journey!
Contact Open Doors Therapy for a free consultation to learn more about group.