Intersectionality: Autism and Being Black
A Story About Autism and Race
My Take-Away Message as an Autism Therapist and BLM Ally
Just listen to their story…
Stories About Racism and Injustice:
- Kimberle Crenshaw- Ted Talk: Intersectionality
- Catina Burkett: Autistic While Black
- Bryan Stevenson-Ted Talk: We Need to Talk About Injustice
- Matthew Rozsa: Young, black, autistic and imprisoned: Matthew Rushin’s story is sadly not unique
- Allison Norlian: For Mothers Of Black Children With Disabilities, Living With Twice The Fear
- Theresa Vargas: Remember Neli Latson, the black teen with autism who seemed ‘suspicious’ sitting outside a library? Ten years after his arrest, he still isn’t fully free.
- Abigail Abrams: Black, Disabled and at Risk: The Overlooked Problem of Police Violence Against Americans with Disabilities
- Claire Lampen: What We Know About The Killing Of Elijah McLain
Begin Autism Therapy Services in Palo Alto, CA or Online
If you are seeking a place where you can receive compassionate autism support, regardless of the color of your skin, then I invite you to meet with me. As an autism therapist, I will offer you a safe space to talk about the issues you’re facing, and I will listen to everything you have to say.
To begin autism therapy in Palo Alto, CA, or online autism therapy in California, please follow these steps:
- Schedule a free 30-minute phone consultation using this link. During your call, we will discuss the issues you’re having and how I can help.
- Like me on Facebook. On my page, I post useful information that will allow you to stay up-to-date on Open Doors Therapy and our autism services.
- Sign up to receive my newsletter.
Autism Therapy Services offered at Open Doors Therapy:
Our Palo Alto autism counseling clinic serves teens and adults on the autism spectrum. We help high functioning individuals who identify as having Aspergers, high functioning autism, undiagnosed autism traits, etc. and their families. Right now we are providing all our autism therapy services online. We provide a variety of autism counseling services including individual counseling for autistic teens and adults, parent counseling, and group therapy. Also, we run several different social skills groups for neurodiverse working professionals, college students with autistic traits, gifted youth & caregivers, autistic adults, women who identify as neurodiverse, a summer social skills college transition training program for youth transitioning to college, teens & caregivers, and a mothers group. Please contact our Palo Alto, CA autism counseling office for more information on our services or to schedule a consultation.