Are you a caregiver with a teen (16-18 yrs old) who:
- Identifies as Neurodiverse, Asperger’s, Autism, or HFA?
- Are you concerned about your child’s future after high school?
- Do you hope your child will find a meaningful life path?
- Are you concerned about your child’s motivation and self-advocacy skills?
- Are you worried about your child suffering and being taken advantage of by others?
- Are you looking for more than just a social skills group?
- Are you wanting your child to develop better conversational and communication skills, and build friendships?
- Are you wanting to figure how to best support your son or daughter in transitioning into adulthood?
- Are you and your child wanting to learn strategies to manage stress and to assist your child in learning skills in order to become more independent?
*We offer similar groups for young adults on the autism & their parents/caregivers.
Then this is the program for both of you!
The youth group provides HELPFUL STRATEGIES to reduce stress, prepare for the transition to adulthood, improve conversational skills, make friends, self-advocate, adapt to change, set and achieve personal goals, increase organization and planning, promote independence, increase safety awareness, improve communication with family, deal with driving or public transportation, and problem-solve. The caregiver support group provides a non-judgmental and supportive environment in which parents learn strategies to facilitate their son or daughter in applying the skills from group to real life situations, in order to improve the quality of their life and aid the transition to adulthood.
The youth group consists of up to 8 youth based on age [16-19 yrs old; 20-30 yrs old], and there is a separate caregiver support group that meets at the same time in a different room. The groups meet weekly for 1 hour & 45 mins at our Palo Alto office.
New Group Forming
To Be Determined
$250/Session (includes fee for both you and your child)
Learn more about fees and payment
Support & Help for Autistic Teens and Caregivers in the San Francisco Bay Area
You want the best for your child. We can help. Open Doors Therapy, a Silicon Valley based therapy practice offers a variety of counseling and social skills groups for those with autism, aspergers or any form of neurodiversity in the Palo Alto, CA area. Our team of autism specialists understand the challenges you face and are here to help. Call today to begin the intake process. Once you, your child & therapist agree that you’ll be a great fit, you can start when the next group forms. You & your teen with together learn the skills needed to help your neurodiverse or autistic teen live successfully and independent.
Reserve your spot in group by scheduling a diagnostic evaluation.
Other Services at Open Doors Therapy in Palo Alto, CA
Other groups offered at Open Doors Therapy include autism support for adults, a group for neurodiverse women, social skills classes for college students, as well as a group for mothers of teens with autism.
While learning social skills through groups is important, I also offer individual counseling for adults with autism and therapy for caregivers and parents of youth with aspergergers when appropriate. Still unsure? Check out what others have to say about our services.
Contact Open Doors Therapy for a free consultation to learn more about our resources for individuals & families living with Autism, Aspergers & all forms of neurodiversity!
Take the next positive step in your life journey!