The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information. The following is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
Mental Health Providers
In the USA
If you are looking for a mental health provider in the USA, Psychology Today, Good Therapy, and Therapy Den have a directory of licensed professionals, and you can filter your search by city, speciality, insurance, type of service (telehealth, group therapy, individual counseling, etc) and other search criteria.
Outside the USA
For mental health providers outside the USA, you can try to search for verified mental health professionals through the International Therapist Directory, Good Therapy, or Psychology Today. Autism Speaks has a webpage that lists autism organizations in other countries.
Mental Health Resources
Open Doors therapy
Open Doors Therapy provides educational information and support for autistic adults and teens, and their families, through blogs, newsletters, and social media posts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Autism Spectrum News provides scientific information and community resources on autism spectrum.
Associations & Institutes
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Center for Mental Health Services
- Mental Health America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Mental Health Association
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Sleep Foundation
- National Women’s Health Resource Center
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Suicide Awareness and Hotlines
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Suicide: Read This First
- Bipolar Disorder News – Pendulum.org
- Depression and How Therapy Can Help
- Depression Screening
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- National Center for PTSD
- Give an Hour— for veterans and their families
- National Center for PTSD Real Warriors (U.S. Department of Defense)— for veterans and their families
- The Gift From Within
- Sidran Institute
Addiction and Recovery
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous Recovery Resources
- Center for On-Line Addiction
- Web of Addictions
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Childhelp USA®
- Questions and Answers about Memories of Childhood Abuse
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline Website
- DrugWatch.com provides up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications, including details about associated side effects.
- Drugalert.org is a comprehensive database with information and news alerts about potentially dangerous drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide.