Neurodiverse. Asperger's. Autism.
Do You or Someone You Love:
- Have difficulty reading social cues?
- Say or do things that unintentionally hurt others?
- Struggle with relationships and making friends?
- Experience social anxiety?
- Have difficulty adapting to change and transitions (starting college, getting a job, etc)?
- Feel stuck, overwhelmed, or alone?
- Feel unsure how to move forward in life?
- Have autism traits that are not always apparent to others
... Then You've Come to the Right Place!
Open Doors Therapy
Counseling for the Neurodiverse in Palo Alto, CA (Bay Area)
How We Can Help You
We empower you through Group Therapy and Individual Counseling, giving you:
- Hope that your life can get better.
- Helpful strategies to better communicate with others, adapt to change, deal with stress and problems more effectively, and much more.
- Social support that will inspire you to set and achieve personal goals.
Who Open Doors Therapy Helps Neurodiverse Individuals & Their Support System
Neurodiverse Adults and Teens
- No autism diagnosis, but you have autistic traits
- Suspected autism or self-diagnosed autism
- High functioning autism
- Autistic self-advocate
- Gifted with Social Anxiety
Family Members with a Loved One with Autism Traits
- Other caregiver (grandparent, aunt, etc)
Is "Group Therapy" or "Individual Counseling" right for you?
Group therapy offers you unique benefits. However, sometimes the thought of joining a group can feel intimidating. Therefore, Dr. Tasha Oswald offers a free 30-min consultation (phone call or in-person) to help you figure out which of our services will be the best fit.
What are the unique benefits to joining one of our groups?
Our groups are formed to be filled with people who have similar concerns & goals. When you attend one of our groups, you will:
- Finally be in a group where people just “get” you!
- Hear group members share their challenges, & you’ll think “hey, that’s just like me!”
- Come to understand yourself better and what matters to you in life
- Improve at taking others’ perspectives and building meaningful relationships
- Gain confidence and strategies to problem solve and deal with anxiety
… Learn more about the powerful benefits of group therapy
Not ready for group therapy?
- Are you anxious about joining a group?
- Do you have concerns about what to expect in a group setting?
- Have you had a bad experience with groups or social situations in the past?
- Or are you a parent with a son or daughter that you don't think will be on board with a group right now?
… That’s when individual counseling might be a better fit
Individual Counseling for those with Autism Traits & Their Family
- You want to explore issues within the safety of one-on-one therapy
- You're looking to ease into group by first building trust with your therapist
- You want to address your concerns and anxiety around starting group
- Learning a little more about what to expect will help you feel more confident in a group
- You want to feel prepared before joining group
… Learn more about the value of individual counseling
You might have some questions:
- What are differences between group therapy and individual counseling?
- What's the difference between what you do and social skills groups or support groups?
- What do you mean by neurodiversity?
- Who would I work with?
- How do I get started?
- Have your services helped others?
- Where are you located?
We're Happy to Answer Your Questions
We offer a free 30-min consultation (phone call or in-person) to answer any questions you may have about our services.