Neurodiverse. Asperger's. Autism.
Do you or someone you love:
- Have difficulty reading social cues?
- Say or do things that unintentionally hurt others?
- Struggle with relationships and making friends?
- Experience social anxiety?
- Have difficulty adapting to change and transitions (starting college, getting a job, etc)?
- Feel stuck, overwhelmed, or alone?
- Feel unsure how to move forward in life?
- Have autism traits that are not always clear to others
You've come to the right place. Our autism therapists at Open Doors Therapy in Palo Alto, CA are here to help and support you.
Open Doors Therapy
Therapy for the neurodiverse in Palo Alto, CA and the San Fransisco Bay Area
We will support you
We empower you through group therapy and individual therapy to give you
- Hope that your life can get better.
- Helpful strategies to better communicate with others, adapt to change, cope with stress and problems, and much more.
- Social support that will inspire you to set and achieve your personal goals.
At Open Doors Therapy, we help neurodiverse individuals & their families. We provide autism services for the following populations:
- No autism diagnosis, but have autistic traits
- Suspected autism or self-diagnosed autism
- High functioning autism
- Autistic self-advocate
- Gifted with Social Anxiety
Family members with a loved one who has autism traits
- Other caregiver (grandparent, aunt, etc)
Is group Therapy or individual therapy right for you?
Group therapy offers you unique benefits and the support of your peers. However, the thought of joining a group can feel intimidating. So, Dr. Tasha Oswald offers a free 30-min consultation (phone call or in-person) to help you figure out which of our services will be the best fit.
Group Therapy for people who identfy as autistic & their caregivers
What are the unique benefits to joining one of our groups?
Our groups are formed to be filled with people who have similar concerns & goals. When you attend one of our groups, you will:
- Finally be in a group where people just “get” you!
- Hear group members share their challenges, & you’ll think “hey, that’s just like me!”
- Come to understand yourself better and what matters to you in life
- Improve at taking others’ perspectives and building meaningful relationships
- Gain confidence and strategies to problem solve and deal with anxiety
… Learn more about the powerful benefits of group therapy
Not ready for group therapy?
- Are you anxious about joining a group?
- Do you have concerns about what to expect in a group setting?
- Have you had a bad experience with groups or social situations in the past?
- Or are you a parent with a son or daughter that you don't think will be on board with a group right now?
Individual counseling may be a better fit for you.
Individual Counseling for those with autism traits & their family
- You want to explore autism related issues in the safety of one-on-one therapy,
- You're looking to ease into group, but want to build trust with your therapist first,
- You need to talk about your concerns and anxiety around starting group
- Learning a little more about what to expect will help you feel more confident in a group setting
- You want to feel prepared before joining group
… Learn more about the value of individual counseling for individuals with autistic traits!
We're Happy to Answer Your Questions about Therapy for Autism
We offer a free 30-min consultation (phone call or in-person) to answer any questions you may have about our autism services.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are differences between group therapy and individual counseling?
- What's the difference between what you do and social skills groups or support groups?
- What do you mean by neurodiversity?
- Who would I work with?
- How do I get started?
- Have your services helped others?
- Where are you located?